(Revision 1.7 – Dated 10/06/2018)
Returns are accepted when the product has been purchased and is unopened:
- You may return the goods within 28-days from the day of purchase
- The product must be in pristine condition without any seals broken on the packaging
- If the product has been purchased and is opened:
– You may return the product within 14 days subject to condition and at our discretion.
– You are allowed to open the product to inspect it provided you do so without damaging or marking the product or packaging. This does not apply to items supplied in blister packaging, such as ink cartridges
– The product must be unused and must not have been installed
- For all returns the product must:
– Be complete with all manuals accessories etc
– Be returned along with any free gifts
– Be in ”as new” condition
- We will not be able to accept returns on:
– Pre-recorded or blank CD’s/Videos/Memory Cards/Software/Flash Drives/External Hard Drives/Ink Cartridges/Toners where the seal has been broken
– Any product where you have started a subscription service, for example anti-virus software.
NOTE: Phone and Tablet spare parts usually come with a 90 day (or less) warranty, unlike most IT components and peripherals which tend to be covered by a 12 month warranty (or longer for some items such as Monitors).
Should you suspect a fault with your product please make sure:
- You have read the troubleshooting section of the manual as it may be a common fault that can be easily resolved
- In the event that a fault can not be diagnosed via the trouble shooting section of the manual, we request that you speak to a member of the ‘Home Fix Computers’ Team who may be able to rectify the fault, either by telephone contact, remote support, or by workshop repair, to make sure it is not a problem that can be resolved quickly
- Home Fix Computers reserves the right to charge a fault diagnosis fee of no more than £10 when a customer believes a fault should be covered under warranty, but is proven by ‘Home Fix Computers’ to not be covered under warranty due to user error, misuse or incorrect operation.
For all products that we deem as non-repairable or a manufacturer fault, should the fault occur within 28 days from the date of delivery you have the option of a prompt repair, a refund or an exchange after we have tested the item and determined the fault.
Workshop purchases which require home installation/workshop set-up via one of our technicians will be handled as a standard on-site/workshop repair, and therefore will be a chargeable service. Such services are non-refundable should the item be returned at a later date as the work will have been carried out.
A refund will be issued by the original payment method, to the value of the item printed on the receipt. For debit/credit card refunds, the card and the cardholder must be present.
If you do not have a receipt, we may, at our discretion refund or exchange at the current or most recent selling price via a ‘Home Fix Computers’ Credit Note. This does not restrict your rights to return faulty items.
All items come with a minimum 12-Months manufacturer warranty. If a fault occurs outside of the initial 28-day period, we recommend that you liaise with the manufacturer directly to arrange a replacement as most manufacturers offer efficient replacement services.
In the event that a new laptop/computer system has been supplied and set-up by us, the item may only be refunded/exchanged if it is unused by the customer or is faulty. We reserve the right to carry out any appropriate test to ensure this is the case within a reasonable time frame, as determined by law.
All labour is covered by a 14 day complimentary guarantee, so should the same fault or problem reoccur within such period, one of our Technicians will look at the issue once again free of charge. Should any parts be required to complete such repair, these will be chargeable.
We must be notified of any issues within the 14 day period after the collection of your system from our repair centre or the date of the on-site appointment for any labour warranty claim. Claim notifications outside of this period will be treat as a new chargeable repair – although a lower charge may be offered at the discretion of the company as a gesture of goodwill.
Any parts used during a repair are covered by a 12 month guarantee, and should they develop a fault within that time, ‘Home Fix Computers’ will cover the cost of any labour to repair/replace such faulty parts during that period. Any additional services (such as data backup or a change in configuration) may be charged for as these are excluded from the guarantee.